Communications Expert | International Photographer | Awarded Filmmaker
Vicky Markolefa is based in Greece and works worldwide. For the past 18 years she has been working in over 50 countries, independently and with leading brands, NGOs, international organizations and media. She combines her expertise in communications with her talent in storytelling and creates strategies, content, campaigns, pictures, articles, awarded documentaries and impactful videos.
She specializes in humanitarian storytelling, thrives in diverse environments and her projects receive international recognition and exposure. Through her body of work she hopes to create awareness, spur a dialogue, reveal an untold story while portraying value, dignity and the opportunity behind every challenge. She is passionate about humanitarian and environmental conservation topics, particularly for children and women’s rights.
Vicky studied Business and Marketing and has attended courses on media, leadership, social marketing, creative writing, filmmaking, photography, storytelling as well as trainings on women’s rights, food security, development, emergency response, medical communications, risk management etc. She speaks English and Greek fluently and is improving her Spanish and German.
As a Communications Expert she has cooperated with Mercy Corps, Médecins Sans Frontières, ActionAid, WWF, MEDASSET and other international and local NGOs. She has acted as a spokeswoman for ActionAid and recently she reported for Refugee.Info on EU Migration. Vicky has extensive experience in media relations and she has been working with independent creators and production houses in exciting photography and documentary projects.
She is a member of Mind the Bump, a team of awarded photographers and media experts.
– Highlights –
Best film – Mediawave Film Festival 2016
Best Gender Equality Film – 2015 Bilbao International Film Festival
2nd Best Documentary – DOCFEST 2014
Best Music Award – LGFF 2014
2nd Prize – Ierapetra International Documentary Festival 2014
Nomination Best Film, MiradasDoc International Documentary Film Festival 2014
Best documentary, LGFF 2014
New Horizons Photo Competition 2016, COMPAS / University of Oxford
Peace is, Photography competition 2014, World Without Wars and Violence under the auspices of UNESCO
– Filmography –
- EGEO: The sea for me, 2017, Greece, Direction, Script, Production – in progress.
- Education for whom?, 2014 Ghana, Kenya, Greece Production, script, filming.
- Excision, Kenya, 2013 / Producer, research, still photography
- Immersion, Sierra Leone, 2013 / Ass. producer, still photography
- Mission in Vietnam, 2013 / Producer, research, filming, direction, script, photography
- The Outcasts, Ghana, 2012 / Producer, research, script, still photography
- Mission in Rwanda, 2012 / Producer, research, script, photography
- Mission in Ethiopia, 2012 / Producer, research, script, photography
- Bangladesh: Journey to the land of the forsaken, 2012 / Ass. producer, still photography
- Mission in Ghana, 2011 / Research, script, photography
- Kuluhiro: Hope, Kenya, 2010 / Research, script, still photography
- Mission in Guatemala, 2009 / Research, script, still photography
- Blood Diamonds, 2007, Sierra Leone / Ass. producer
– Exhibitions –
- The Image of the Savage – Rome, Italy, 13 – 22 May 2017, LoosenArt Gallery
- Vanitas: LoosenArt Gallery, Cagliari, Italy, LAB-A, 10 – 16/12/2016
- Youth. esp Gallery, Thessaloniki, Greece, Opening: 11/11/2016
- Blossom of Youth: Thessaloniki Photography Festival, 2014
- The Outcasts | Alleged Witches in Ghana: Athens Fringe festival, 2012
- Africa through the eyes of the volunteers, Athens Technopοlis, 2012
– behind the scenes –