Awarded Filmmaker | Photojournalist | Media Advisor
Vicky Markolefa is based in Greece and works worldwide. For the past 19 years she has been working independently and with leading brands, NGOs, international organizations and media. She combines her expertise in communications with her talent in storytelling and creates strategies, content, pictures, awarded documentaries, videos and multimedia projects.
Vicky specializes in field communications and storytelling. Through her body of work she creates awareness, reveals an untold story while portraying value, dignity and the opportunities with every challenge. Her projects receive international recognition and exposure.
As a Communications Expert she has cooperated with several reputable organizations such as: Médecins Sans Frontières, WWF, Mercy Corps, ActionAid and Relief International. Since 2016, she is a member of Mind the Bump, a team of awarded directors and content creators.
The Last Fisherman
Nomination: Best International Documentary | ALTFF 2018 – CANADA
Official Selection: Rome Independent Prisma Film Awards 2018 – ITALY
EGEO – The sea for me
Best Ecological Documentary Award | Short Cuts Film Festival 2018 – SERBIA
Festival Award – Ierapetra International Documentary Festival 2018 – GREECE
Semi-Finalist – A Rebel Minded Film Festival – USA
Best film – Mediawave Film Festival 2016.
Best Gender Equality Film – 2015 Bilbao International Film Festival.
2nd Best Documentary – DOCFEST 2014.
Best Music Award – LGFF 2014.
2nd Prize – Ierapetra International Documentary Festival 2014.
Nomination Best Film, MiradasDoc International Documentary Film Festival 2014.
Best documentary, LGFF 2014.
Runner-up prize – New Horizons Photo Competition 2016, COMPAS / University of Oxford.
FIAP Praise – Peace is, Photography competition 2014, World Without Wars and Violence under the auspices of UNESCO.
- The last fisherman, 2018, Greece, Direction, Script, Production.
- EGEO: The sea for me, 2017, Greece, Direction, Script, Production.
- Education for whom?, 2014 Ghana, Kenya, Greece Production, script, filming.
- Excision, Kenya, 2013 / Producer, research, still photography.
- Immersion, Sierra Leone, 2013 / Ass. producer, still photography.
- Mission in Vietnam, 2013 / Producer, research, filming, direction, script, photography.
- The Outcasts, Ghana, 2012 / Producer, research, script, still photography.
- Mzungu, Rwanda, 2012 / Producer, research, script, photography.
- Wuha, Ethiopia, 2012 / Producer, research, script, photography.
- Bangladesh: Journey to the land of the forsaken, 2012 / Ass. producer, still photography.
- Kyekyewere, Ghana, 2011 / Research, script, photography.
- Kuluhiro: Hope, Kenya, 2010 / Research, script, still photography.
- Mission in Guatemala, 2009 / Research, script, still photography.
- Blood Diamonds, 2007, Sierra Leone / Ass. producer.
– Exhibitions –
- #My_Andros – Greece 7/7-10/9/2018
- The Image of the Savage – Rome, Italy, 2017, LoosenArt Gallery.
- Vanitas: LoosenArt Gallery, Cagliari, Italy, LAB-A, 10 – 2016.
- Youth. esp Gallery, Thessaloniki, Greece, 2016.
- Blossom of Youth: Thessaloniki Photography Festival, 2014.
- The Outcasts | Alleged Witches in Ghana: Athens Fringe festival, 2012.
- Africa through the eyes of the volunteers, Athens Technopοlis, 2012.