Vicky Markolefa is an award-winning documentary photographer and filmmaker, communications expert and visual journalist with 20 years international experience.
She works with brands, international organizations and media in more than 50 countries worldwide. Vicky specializes in reportage and portraiture. Her work focuses on humanistic, social, cultural and environmental issues.
She has covered several assignments in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Europe and Central America. Her works have been broadcasted, featured in several publications and presented at exhibitions and festivals internationally.
She is a member of Mind the Bump, a team of acclaimed filmmakers, documentary photographers and media experts.
The Last Fisherman
Nomination: Best International Documentary | ALTFF 2018 – CANADA
Semi Finalist: Rome Independent Prisma Film Awards 2018 – ITALY
EGEO – The sea for me
Best Ecological Documentary Award | Short Cuts Film Festival 2018 – SERBIA
Festival Award – Ierapetra International Documentary Festival 2018 – GREECE
Semi-Finalist – A Rebel Minded Film Festival – USA
Best film – Mediawave Film Festival 2016.
Best Gender Equality Film – 2015 Bilbao International Film Festival.
2nd Best Documentary – DOCFEST 2014.
Best Music Award – LGFF 2014.
2nd Prize – Ierapetra International Documentary Festival 2014.
Nomination Best Film, MiradasDoc International Documentary Film Festival 2014.
Best documentary, LGFF 2014.
Runner-up prize – New Horizons Photo Competition 2016, COMPAS / University of Oxford.
FIAP Praise – Peace is, Photography competition 2014, World Without Wars and Violence under the auspices of UNESCO.
- The last fisherman, 2018, Greece, Direction, Script, Production.
- EGEO: The sea for me, 2017, Greece, Direction, Script, Production.
- Education for whom?, 2014 Ghana, Kenya, Greece Production, script, filming.
- Excision, Kenya, 2013 / Producer, research, still photography.
- Immersion, Sierra Leone, 2013 / Ass. producer, still photography.
- Mission in Vietnam, 2013 / Producer, research, filming, direction, script, photography.
- The Outcasts, Ghana, 2012 / Producer, research, script, still photography.
- Mzungu, Rwanda, 2012 / Producer, research, script, photography.
- Wuha, Ethiopia, 2012 / Producer, research, script, photography.
- Bangladesh: Journey to the land of the forsaken, 2012 / Ass. producer, still photography.
- Kyekyewere, Ghana, 2011 / Research, script, photography.
- Kuluhiro: Hope, Kenya, 2010 / Research, script, still photography.
- Mission in Guatemala, 2009 / Research, script, still photography.
- Blood Diamonds, 2007, Sierra Leone / Ass. producer.
– Exhibitions –
- #My_Andros – Athinais Cultural Center in Athens and selected venues on Andros, Greece, 2018.
- The Image of the Savage – Rome, Italy, 2017, LoosenArt Gallery.
- Vanitas: LoosenArt Gallery, Cagliari, Italy, LAB-A, 10 – 2016.
- Youth. esp Gallery, Thessaloniki, Greece, 2016.
- Blossom of Youth: CONTRAST Thessaloniki Photography Festival, 2014.
- The Outcasts | Alleged Witches in Ghana: Athens Fringe festival, 2012.
- Africa through the eyes of the volunteers, Athens Technopοlis, 2012.