Vicky Markolefa is an award-winning photographer, filmmaker and marketing communication expert, based in Greece. She works with organizations, foundations, corporates and media worldwide, in management and advisory roles and on visual storytelling projects.
Her creative work highlights humanistic, social and environmental issues with a story-driven approach. She specializes in documentary, reportage, humanitarian photography, video and documentary filmmaking.
Vicky’s projects have been awarded, broadcasted, featured in several publications and presented during exhibitions and festivals around the world.
The Last Fisherman
Nomination: Best International Documentary | ALTFF 2018 – CANADA
Semi Finalist: Rome Independent Prisma Film Awards 2018 – ITALY
EGEO – The sea for me
Best Ecological Documentary Award | Short Cuts Film Festival 2018 – SERBIA
Festival Award – Ierapetra International Documentary Festival 2018 – GREECE
Semi-Finalist – A Rebel Minded Film Festival – USA
Best film – Mediawave Film Festival 2016.
Best Gender Equality Film – 2015 Bilbao International Film Festival.
2nd Best Documentary – DOCFEST 2014.
Best Music Award – LGFF 2014.
2nd Prize – Ierapetra International Documentary Festival 2014.
Nomination Best Film, MiradasDoc International Documentary Film Festival 2014.
Best documentary, LGFF 2014.
Runner-up prize – New Horizons Photo Competition 2016, COMPAS / University of Oxford.
International Federation of Photographic Art (FIAP) Praise – Peace is, Photography competition 2014, World Without Wars and Violence under the auspices of UNESCO.
- Of Wolf And Man (working title – in-progress), Greece, Direction, Filming, Script, Production
- The Last Fisherman, 2018, Greece, Direction, Script, Production.
- EGEO: The sea for me, 2017, Greece, Direction, Script, Production.
- Education for whom?, 2014 Ghana, Kenya, Greece Production, script, filming.
- Excision, Kenya, 2013 / Producer, research, still photography.
- Immersion, Sierra Leone, 2013 / Ass. producer, still photography.
- Mission in Vietnam, 2013 / Producer, research, filming, direction, script, photography.
- The Outcasts, Ghana, 2012 / Producer, research, script, still photography.
- Mzungu, Rwanda, 2012 / Producer, research, script, photography.
- Wuha, Ethiopia, 2012 / Producer, research, script, photography.
- Bangladesh: Journey to the land of the forsaken, 2012 / Ass. producer, still photography.
- Kyekyewere, Ghana, 2011 / Research, script, photography.
- Kuluhiro: Hope, Kenya, 2010 / Research, script, still photography.
- Mission in Guatemala, 2009 / Research, script, still photography.
- Blood Diamonds, 2007, Sierra Leone / Ass. producer.
– Exhibitions –
- Athens Photo Scratch – EXODUS, Greece, 2018
- #My_Andros – Athinais Cultural Center in Athens and selected venues on Andros, Greece, 2018.
- The Image of the Savage – Rome, Italy, 2017, LoosenArt Gallery.
- Vanitas: LoosenArt Gallery, Cagliari, Italy, LAB-A, 10 – 2016.
- Youth. esp Gallery, Thessaloniki, Greece, 2016.
- Blossom of Youth: CONTRAST Thessaloniki Photography Festival, 2014.
- The Outcasts | Alleged Witches in Ghana: Athens Fringe festival, 2012.
- Africa through the eyes of the volunteers, Athens Technopοlis, 2012.
– Publications –
Photobook “Africa Through The Eyes Of The Volunteers”, 2013, ActionAid.
And several online exhibitions and press publications.